Episode 28: What in the world is Neo-Classical Metal?
- Upcoming events: March 25 - special concert with violinist/composer Mark
O'Connor and Irish fiddler Liz Carroll at the Chicago Cultural Center, March 29
- Dvorak Concerto with the Columbus Symphony (GA)
- Inquiries From My Inbox: many people ask, "Why is your chinrest in
the middle of the violin?"
- Random Musical Thought: Violinists and violists are less fortunate than most
other instrumentalists because we can't wear necklaces or dangling earrings
when we play our instruments.
- Exploring neo-classical metal: explanation of the "neo-classical"
movement in classical music, where to find lists of heavy metal sub-genres,
conversation with neo-classical metal guitarist George Bellas, musical examples
played by George.
For more information about George Bellas, please visit:
total playing time: 36:59
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS PODCAST ON I-TUNES!
Would you like to be featured on Violin Adventures? Just send your
question via text or as an MP3 attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org and
listen for you answer on Inquiries From My Inbox!
Thanks for listening!
visit Rachel online:
Violin Adventures with Rachel Barton Pine is produced by Windy Apple Studios www.windyapple.com