Tue, 1 April 2008
Episode 29: More tips about memorization and preparing for chamber music rehearsals
- Upcoming events: April 7 – master class at Crown Point High School in Northwest Indiana
- Inquiries From My Inbox: CuciucGriga asks, "Where did you study?"
- Random Musical Thought: Why does Henle clutter up its “urtext? editions with too many editorial suggestions?
- More tips about memorization: re-memorizing a piece you’ve played before (especially if you change fingerings or bowings), memorizing dynamics and articulations and tempo markings (not just notes and fingering and bowings).
- More tips about preparing for chamber music rehearsals: figuring out harmonies (major, minor, deceptive cadences), xeroxing page turns and making 4 or 5 pages into 3 tall pages.
total playing time: 21:52
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS PODCAST ON I-TUNES!
Would you like to be featured on Violin Adventures? Just send your question via text or as an MP3 attachment to email@example.com and listen for you answer on Inquiries From My Inbox!
Thanks for listening!
Violin Adventures with Rachel Barton Pine is produced by Windy Apple Studios www.windyapple.com